I’m probably the last person to be thinking about wedding bells now, but there are at least three reasons for this post:
1. Last year the VMG published Europe’s biggest wedding magazine-album “VMG: Marry Me 2015”. This was definitely one of the toughest periods in my life so far – the kind of tough that you romanticize afterwards, but while you’re in it, it’s just bad. 3 hours of sleep every night for a whole month and 3 units of different energy drinks (plus coffee) is not a routine that helps your creativity or sanity. But, well, the magazine turned out great, and I sure did have some unforgettable moments when writing or interviewing people for it. This post is one of the alternative wedding suggestions we made – a selection of tunes for when you enter and exit the church and then for the newlywed’s first dance. Expect the unexpected.
2. Demis Roussous, an amazing Greek singer, died today. One of the songs you’ll find below is his (here’s my favorite edit) – and back when I was writing this article for the magazine, this song was suggested to me by my current boyfriend. Not only did I think that this is the one song that conveys everything what love means to me – I have known since that day that it will definitely play in my wedding as well. Fingers crossed, I hope it’ll be with the same boy who first played it to me ..
3. It’s just a good list. Check out these songs even if you’re not walking down the aisle any time soon – anything that’s good for a wedding, can surely make your day as well. Plus, St. Valentine’s is coming!
p.s. oh and I also classified the songs based on different personality/ wedding types – trust me, this did take some head-scratching, and I didn’t just put down my Favorites’ playlist from Youtube!
CLOSE AND INTIMATE
SANGUINE & ENERGETIC
1. Processional: Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover
2. Recessional: Isley Brothers Motown – This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak For You)
3. Newlywed’s first dance: Gizelle Smith – June (Tm Juke Remix)
TENDER & SWEET VIBRATIONS
by Ieva Elvyra